Wednesday, August 29, 2007

cafe oliv

Liz and I had nothing better to do so we decided to dine at Cafe Oliv along East Coast Road. It was a nice diversion from the usual kopitiam/hawker dinner. The resto looks nice and pleasing. They have pasta and grilled entrees. The menu's illustration of the pasta made my mouth water even more. My mouth had been watering earlier because we can't stop talking about food while on our way there.

I also noticed that the ones marked Must Try are all spicy and contain Thai cream sauce. I was tempted to try one but then I saw that the Oliv Beef Stew. I figured that if they named the stew after the resto then it must be good. Plus, it's not spicy so there, I ordered it. Liz ordered Grilled Chicken, which was good. Yes, I tasted her food. lol. We did not wait long (either that or we were just busy talking and we didn't notice time pass by). For starters, we had a soft shell crab dipped in what seems to me like mayo. When my food came, it was on an unusual square bowl. Sorry, no pics. I didn't think that I would blog about this that time. I'm not much of a food critic but by my standards, it was good. Notice how I am playing safe giving a review of the food. lol

We were celebrating Liz's successful petition to the US so she treated me to dessert. Luckily, today was Tuesday and the resto offers 50% off on desserts during Tuesdays and Thursdays. She ordered a warm brownie ala mode which was uhm... a warm brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

Therefore: "ala mode" = "a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top"

It was so good that I still kept digging at it even if I'm already full.

Okay kids, don't do what I just did. That's called Gluttony.

Imagine: Fudgy chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream on top.

What-to-do-what-to-do? lol

=P

*Sigh!* This is a perfect example of how to make a seemingly ordinary night into a something special: Have a nice friendly date with a beautiful woman in a cozy restaurant. =D

2 comments:

lizette said...

naks naman bro .. ganda ng review mo ah :D .. hahaha parang gusto kitang ilibre uli ng dessert :p ... but hanap uli tau ng reason to celebrate :)

nweys, i did enjoy dinner =) yeah.. always nice to have good food and good conversation ;)

alpha said...

yey! =D