Tuesday, August 21, 2007

oist!

For the first time since we broke up, i addressed F by her first name. For weeks, it has always been, "wassup?" or "hi!" or the playful "oist!" but I had never really called her by her name. I guess it's an integral part of the healing process. I had to let go. Else, I would have been fooling myself -- attempting to hold on to something that would eventually be gone no matter how hard I try. Like, as a child, I would dream about getting money and then I hold on to it so tightly. But when I woke up, there would be nothing inside my clenched fist -- only despair in my heart.

whirlwind

a whirlwind passed me by
and my world spun like a top
i hardly recognize it anymore
slowly I'm coming to my senses
only to realize
that the world is the same
and it is only I who have changed.

3 comments:

TESC said...

"you can always find another love, but not another self..." i guess once we've been with someone for so long, we develop a sense of dependence on them and inadvertently lose ourselves in the process... the journey to finding one's self may not be an easy road to tread, but it will always be worth the pain. guess i'm just talking fom experience there. good luck in your journey. God bless...

alpha said...

thanks achi! =)

yvaughn said...

you're welcome, shoti (=