Monday, March 27, 2006

V for Vendetta

I have been itching to watch a movie these past few days but could not find the time. Last Saturday, I finally did. F and I watched V for Vendetta.
 
It's a nice movie. I wouldn't have watched it on the big screen hadn't it been mentioned in Q_DVD that the script was written by the Wachowski brothers (the makers of The Matrix). Being a [sorry excuse for a] fan of the brothers, I put the film in my Must Watch list.
 
Overall, I was not disappointed in the film. (I seldom do.) In fact, I enjoyed the film simply because it is about revenge and kicking the government's ass. I especially liked the scene where a resident punches a party member for shooting a girl. I felt that scene. LOL. I didn't like how the parliament exploded. It was supposed to be one big explosion from below the ground. Instead, the parliament had multiple explosions. Not very realistic but, it could be forgiven though. I only wish someone would make a Pinoy version of the movie. That would be nice... and timely. LOL
 
Now, is this movie about anarchy or freedom from oppression?
 
Pwede both?
 
No! This is not a diaper commercial.

No comments: