Monday, March 13, 2006

From COBOL to VB to Oracle

Last week, while I was updating my project-specific training plan, I realized that I have been retooled and in fact, I have been retooled twice. Damn! First off, I was trained for Mainframe capability. I attended a one-month course on Mainframe programming (COBOL). I didn't like the thought of staring at a black and green screen for 8 hours so I wished hard not to be deployed to a Mainframe technology based project. Luckily, I was deployed to a project that used Client-Server technology. That deployment changed my capabality to Graphical Environment. Now that I have a new project, I am expected to develop my Oracle PL/SQL skills. I've been retooled twice. I don't know what to say. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad. What I'm sure of is that I don't want to be retooled again. I want to stay in Oracle.
 
Please don't offer me VB.NET training. That would be excruciatingly tempting.

No comments: