Friday, September 17, 2004

The Space Between

I had a very interesting experience this morning. I was sitting in a bus, listening to jam 88.3 from my phone when I heard "The Space Between" by Dave Matthews. All of a sudden, I felt a rush of nostalgia. It was delightfully weird! I was sad and happy at the same time. I felt like crying and smiling. I felt warmth but I shivered. It is hard to explain. I was suddenly feeling the emotions that I had when I was listening to that song a few years ago. It seems like somehow, the song got something from the past and brought it back to me. This is not the first time that this has happened to me. I discovered that I can package an emotion and send it to the future when I was 18. I bought Cranberries' album, Bury The Hatchet and listened to it everyday for two or three weeks. After a few months, I listened to it again and I was brought back to the past for a few minutes. That's when I realized that I could associate my emotions with a song. I did it with other songs but not all emotions that I've "packed" are good. There are some that makes me feel like I'm having a nightmare. But that's not a big deal. It's all in the mind anyway. =)

No comments: