Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Jeweller's Shop

I have just seen the play entitled The Jeweller's Shop. It's a play written by Pope JP2.

Shouts: JP2 we love you!

But, although I love JP2, I didn't actually like the play. Sorry. It wasn't that it was too idealistic (although slightly). It wasn't too mushy either (again, although slightly). It was not because it wasn't entertaining. It was.

The reason why I didn't like the play is because, for some reason, it roused up my fear of commitment. The mix of mushiness and idealism of the story ruined it for me. Add the fact that it was written by the late pope, a world renowned celibate. It simply didn't appeal to me. I guess it's just a matter of taste.

Like an ugly monster sticking it's head out.
Quickly, I chased it away
and washed the thought out of my head.
And though I seem fine now,
I would be cautious and vigilant.
For I know that it is there,
lurking at the back of my mind,
waiting for the day when love comes to visit me again.

No comments: