Tuesday, November 02, 2004

matar pulao on all saint's day

Yesterday was All Saint's Day. It is the time when everybody goes to the cemetery and visit their dead relatives. Frankly, I don't really care much about that tradition. I'd rather stay home and do nothing. I have nothing against going to the cemetery. It's the crowd that bothers me. They make me feel uncomfortable. I don't really know why. I just do. And cemetery crowds can be huge!

So yesterday, to avoid the stress that comes with the traditon, I talked to F. We talked and talked until we had nothing to talk about. After that, I resorted to eating. I ate and ate until I'm full. I like pancit malabon! My efforts to divert attention proved successful. The day went by with little turbulence.

Before the end of the day, we visited a relative who just came from Canada. She's my cousin but she's more like my aunt because of her age. She served us a Pakistani dish called Matar Pulao which simply means Rice with Peas. It was served with tuna and it was delicious! Just thinking about it makes me hungry.

Another thing that happened yesterday: a friend contacted me after a long time of being AWOL. I believe he had been very busy with his girlfriend. He invited me to drink on Saturday. I said okay but I'm really not sure if I could. Saturday is my younger brother's birthday.

No comments: